Press Resources Page
Welcome to the official press resources page. Below you will find various content and interview questions which will assist you in discussing David M Jessup and his books. If you are from the media and require anything further, please send your request via David’s Contact Form. Thank you for visiting!
David M. Jessup is fascinated with tales of the West- both the truth and the lore. A history buff, Jessup fills in history’s holes with his own imagination, crafting novels that have earned him first place in the Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers Contest and a place as finalist in the Colorado Book Award, Pacific Northwest Writers Conference and Santa Fe Writers Project.
A co-owner of Sylvan Dale Ranch in Loveland, Colorado, he puts his passion for conservation into practice with his grass-fed beef herd, teaching guests the ways of both the old and new West. His other efforts go toward preserving open space, battling invasive weeds, catching wild river trout on a fly and singing cowboy songs. He and his wife, Linda, spend part of the year in Maryland and exploring the world with their four children and three grandchildren.
- Tell us about your new book. Who are the main characters, and what is the story about?
- What inspired you to write your first book?
- How did you come up with the title?
- Is there a message or theme in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
- How do you blend fact and fiction in your writing?
- What books have most influenced your life, and what are you reading now?
- What are your current writing projects?
- Where do you do your writing, and when are you most productive?
- Do you write from an outline, or is your writing more free flowing?
- How do you develop a character’s voice and personality, especially when they are real people from history?
- What people or groups have helped you become a writer?
- Can you read a little of your current work with us?
- Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
- Do you have to travel much in doing research your books?
- Who designed the covers?
- What was the hardest part of writing your book?
- Do you have any advice for other writers?
Use the link below to download a PDF
Click on thumbnail.
Use your mouse to ‘right click’ on enlarged image.
Choose ‘Save image as…’ in the context menu that appears.
Choose location on your computer to save the image.
The image should now be saved in the specified locale.